Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikeb
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 02:56 pm:   

Are you sure the curtain is fully closed? I had the same problem with an XG-9. What I did was gently push the curtain fully closed with the dull end of a toothpick until I heard the clicking noises of it resetting you described. Then I again fired the shutter and again pushed the curtain closed. After a couple of dozen times doing this the curtain would close enough (but not quite fully closed) that I didn't have to push it with the toothpick for it to reset. I continued exercising it with my winder by firing it off perhaps a couple of hundred times. At some point the curtain started closing all of the way and viola all was good.
I think excercising it allowed the mechanism to refresh itself perhaps by redistributing whatever lubrication is in there or perhaps just forcing moving parts to move again was all it needed. Anyway, it worked for me. Good luck getting yours working.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration