Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 147

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:01 pm:   

Hi again, Reiner, I have this camera now right in front of me, and I know I had it apart to a certain degree, but for a number of reasons. I recall I had to put in the hot shoe and rewind lever of a C 35 which has the same size and uses very similar body shells and only cosmetically different top and bottom covers (silver anodized instead of mat black).
I know for sure I did not remove the leatherette, so I did not touch or take off the front plate. I am pretty sure I went in from the front as it needed a new metering cell: #1: removal of front bezel, if you are careful desoldering of the LDR is not necessary in your case, #2: front lens group as a whole under whose collar there are three small crosshead screws. Look at this picture of a Min Hi-M SII for reference: http://endoscopy.jp/moto/camera/camera_repair/7s2/index.htm #3: If you unscrew those screws and lift out the whole ring it should be possible to reach for the screws of the fosusing lever. On the one I installed I still can see traces of plastic glue, as it had been broken in two pieces and had to be glued together and I had to hunt for the two tiny slothead screws rattling about in the camera.
I hope that my fading memory did not play any dirty tricks on me, so please let me know whether my advice was useful.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration