Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luizfrds
Tinkerer
Username: Luizfrds

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 09:11 pm:   

Hello!
I'm started a almost impossible work to bring my Meopta Flexaret IV back to life, was given to me by my father.
The Problems:
- it was being used as decorative in a Kitchen, so LOTS ( not kidding ) of grease on it.
- NOTHING works
- Everything is stiff
- I never done this before
- I KNOW NOTHING about Prontor-SVS Mechanism, even the basics like, how to operate it...
- Can't find this camera manual
The Goods:
- I'm really focused
- I take lots of pictures before disassembling
- I'm really carefull
- I'm not alone (I have this forum :D )
- Internet?!
Why to do IT?
Yes there are lots of working TLRs on Ebay, the prices aren't bad... But they are not a challenge, and have no emotional value, i see this camera since i was a little kid, and actually this camera had a great weight in my love for photo and clockwork mechanics, i have lots of respect for this piece, and more. IF i could make it work, taking every photo will be more fun!

TILL NOW I KNOW:
- Coking mechanism disables alone without the operation of the Release Lever
- Winding Mechanism is completely Not functional, as the film Frame Indicator.
- Release Lever is locked, is stucked
- Shutter Speed Dial is Stucked in 1/300
- Shutter otherwise looks like to working right... it really looks 1/300... not shure...
- Aperture control... Stucked...
- Focus Lever, working but not focus on Infinite, The metal front plate has some deformation which make impossible to reach this focus... dont looks serious problem
- I have a tiny brokent Screw... i really have no idea to how remove it
- The Overal stetics is in very bad shape ( really? )
- The lens have a coat of grease...
- In the viewfinder have a axle that rusted A LOT, and have spoiled the top portion of the viewfinder, but no much
- Viewfinder is very Dim, but still usable, with a small amount of work, and a good light source you can focus.

The Piece in Actual ConditionViewfinder

So... what you think? i will keep posting every time i can make anything works! any progress or doubt i will be here!!
I will be happy with any sugestion!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration