Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 81

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 01:40 am:   

I have an old tan coloured bag made by Optex, which I got about thirty years ago, and it's still going strong. It can take a hefty SLR, three-four lenses, decent flash, and a spare body, along with all those other bits and bobs like a meter, batteries, film, filters. I like it a lot, and not just because it was a birthday present from my wife. For slightly lighter days, I like the little Nova 3.

There's a few backpack types, like the Lowepro Orion Trekker, which is a better bag in theory than in practice, because it has to be taken off and put on a flat surface before it can be opened. The Slingshot bags are a bit better, though only for rapid camera access : lens swaps are not things I'm keen on when the bag's not on the ground. For days when I want to take the photo gear and still have room for a microwave oven and a fridge, there's a Lowepro D550AW. Mostly, however, I've learned to be more minimalist, so the Nova 3 is the one that sits packed and ready to go.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration