Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shacksmac
Tinkerer
Username: Shacksmac

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 02:58 am:   

Hi Rolf

I guess from what you say that the complete shutter-wind mechanism and that the Bowden cable is still OK and attached at both the lever-wind end and the shutter-cocking end.

Carefully release the bolt-headed screw that secures the cable end to the shutter wind 'pulley' noting exactly how it is attached and move it away from the mechanism (the length of the cable is critical). As you realise, the long coil spring sits between the inside of the black casing and the outer circumference of the centre 'core' of the nickle-plated brass 'pulley'. Wind the spring onto the core by attaching the inner end of the spring through a slit in the core so that the turned-over end to the spring catches and is anchored into the machined-out recess on the inner face of the core. Viewed from top of camera the tensioning of the spring is clockwise.

Wind the spring by rotating the pulley so that the length of the spring is pulled through a slot in the black casing. This is tricky but not too difficult. Make sure the whole action is tight so that the spring is not allowed to do anything other than coil up on itself. The final outer-end of the spring should again be a turned over 'hook' to catch on the side slot of the black casing. If you can find a way of making sure this end is secure it will be an advantage otherwise the spring has a habit of easing itself out of the casing and cannot be pushed back the way it came out.(Later models of the camera had a small screw to hold the spring end secure.)
The cable has now to be re-attached to the pulley which will need to be tensioned by a little less than one revolution so that when the cable is attached, and the tension released, the cable is pulled taut.

I hope this makes sense to you and you are able to persevere. Can I also say that many enquiries about obtaining suitable Bowden cable in the UK have come to nothing so I am experimenting with fishing line!

If you know a sure way of tensioning the Reflex Korelle shutter blinds there are many out there would be pleased to hear of it.

Mike Shackel

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration