Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 69

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:25 am:   

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the input.

I think if I wanted to take photos of the moon, or landscapes, skylines, etc. then I would definitely want to make sure that the images at the ground glass and film plane were identical at infinity.

I think I would rather make sure that the taking and viewing lenses are focusing equally at relatively close distances. In my own experience, at least, there is always going to be a considerable focus error; if I set a lens at infinity, then I see a focus error at close distances. If I set a lens at a relatively close distance, then the error will be at 'infinity'. I want to use this camera for protraits, so I would rather the error be at the 'infinity' end of the scale, rather than at the 'close' end.

It might be picky, but I want to be sure that what I am seeing on the ground glass is the same image that is at the film plane-- at the distances at which I expect to be using the camera most...even if I have to 'hack' it somehow.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration