Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mutato
Tinkerer
Username: Mutato

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 02:56 pm:   

I recently just shot a test roll and got the prints back today. I used 200 speed film. Expecting the worst, most of the pictures actually came out! I took some using the "Auto" setting. Some using the "Flash" setting (30th sec.) with a Vivitar flash unit. Then I took some controlled outdoor shots using the various shutter speeds (500 down to 8th sec.).

The indoor Auto shots were dark, so the Auto feature was not making the camera select something like 15th or 8th to do available light. Flash worked as expected. The outdoor shots on Auto worked OK since it was a sunny day with blue sky.

My controlled shots were of one scene with bare trees (Ct area) and mixed blue sky. They all came out. But given that this setting is "shutter priority", they should have kept pretty consistent. But the trees were getting gradually lighter on the longer shutter speeds.

So I think the light meter is partially working, but not fully. It's not swinging radically when you swing the camera up to a light source. Maybe it's safe for outdoor shooting where there's some flexibility in exposure error, but not to be used indoors/available light. Not yet!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration