Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Flx
Tinkerer
Username: Flx

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 08:07 pm:   

that's quite likely. from what i can tell this specimen must be pretty old (price tag, packaging of the batteries that came along with it and all) and can't have been in use all that much. there are hardly any signs of use, no tiny scratches or anything. not even a single grain of dust anywhere on the whole camera. nothing. so i suppose it's spent a long time sitting on some shelf or in a drawer or the like. but apart from the problem with the rotten light seals everything seems to be ok, i got the first photos today and the quality is so incredibly far beyond anything i'd have expected, beats everything i've ever used, including some pretty expensive digital gear and one very recent canon film slr (don't know which model, but not exactly cheap). this camera (with the 50/1.7 lens) just plays in a wholly different league than my other gear, maybe not in terms of technology, but certainly in terms of what the pictures i take end up looking like. 'impressive' would be a brutal understatement. totally amazing. and that's just the first roll of film that i shot at the university at the bioinformatics department, which is a place that no sane person could possibly find attractive. amazing, just totally amazing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration