Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 10:13 am:   

Ok! thank you for you're almost immediate response!
Thats right, we made the same thing to compensate for the very same problem, but you know it is very annoying too... I would like to shoot at 12800 ASA someday!! (It will be probably not grain but stones of silver on the pics but who knows!)

I do, actually, have the repair manual for this camera and it is a very lame desing if you ask me, but i think their were all the same back then. Maybe I'm just not used to those kind of literature, since i'm not really a technician. I work repairing DVD´s and digital camcoders but don't like (nor know) much about electronics, what an irony...
But I love repairing and restoring classic cameras!! And certainly love making things work on my own without paying someone else.

Thats why I look for help before messing around with it. I'm sure I can manage this thing anyway.

If you want i can send you what I have as a service manual to see if you have the same thing.

It would be really nice of you if you post those pics so I can see exactly what resistor you're talking about. I Don't want to turn the self destruct one.
In the case it were the resistor, what I wonder is why our two cameras have EXACTLY THE SAME misalignment of +2 2/3 stops.
It'd make more sense if they were different. Since it would be an electronic problem, it would probably be a more random shift.
Seems that they had the same cause, and I bet there is someone else who had to suffer this too.

I hoped it were caused by a shift of the film speed dial or something like it, as you say, cause I've read its a common thing. I think I'm gonna check it anyway.

Thank you again for you're very cordial reply, feels like there are men (and women) of good will here.

Good luck for you too.

(I am soooooooooooooooo slow writing in english, it is so exhausting, haha!)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration