Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 112

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 08:29 am:   

Folks, this is a weird one regarding my new project of tuning up my recent acquirement: Canon A-1 :-)

Last night I was trying to work the shutter of my the camera to let the lubricants set when out of the blue, after many releases, the advance jammed up on me.

I tried activating the multi-exposure switch, but that did not work. It could just move the advance lever but it did not feel like as it does when advancing a frame normally. After this, a click could be heard (I think it is the magnet on the rewind side working). But the shutter and mirror do not move.

The lens was in the stop down position. I took out the lens and I could see the red dot beside the stop down lever on the body.

The magnet on the winding side, the is the little one, was still attached to the armature. I was not being pushed away as it should be when release button is pressed.

After a few hours, I took out the battery, activated the multi-exposure switch and give tiny multiple strokes to the advance lever. Put the battery in and it started to work normally again.

Now, since then, I have experienced this multiple number of times, irregularly.

What does make the problem go away is if I nudge the mirror up. That makes it flip and the shutter releases normally. I can then advance to the next frame.

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration