Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnold
Tinkerer
Username: Arnold

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 06:25 pm:   

Whoops - this is kind of embarrassing, what I should have done, is to download the instruction for IIc first and learn how to use the camera! The film counter locks everything when the number is up. I was thinking the 'rewind button' instead of 'film release' button! The camera was jamming because of oil on shutter blade first (which I have fixed), so I did not think of the obvious when it completely froze up! But it was worth opening up and cleaning all the viewfinder range finder windows and lubricate, now everything runs like new. This camera was given to me from ageing father of my dear friend, not used since the 70's and there was still film in it - so I photographed them with remaining frames when the shutter stuck open. the photos still came out with beautiful nostalgic tone/colour with last frame with a lot of blur, with shutter half open for few minutes. Now I can report back and tell them the good news. Thanks again for your excellent site - very generous and embody everything that is good about the community of mechanical camera enthusiasts.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration