Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 222

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 09:31 pm:   

Well, I have no such qualms.

As I implied in my beginning post, I really don't have any interest in politically, economically, or emotionally correct diversions. I have my own opinions on all of that stuff and I don't post them on a camera repair forum. I get my foamies at WalMart and that works for me.

If you have hard and fast rules about any recommendations I make, that is your issue. You were certainly notified in advance.

This thread is not about WalMArt, Lowe's, Home Depot, Micro Tools, or anywhere I shop. It's about what I find there. I've listed brand names wherever I can so you can use the internet to find your own more acceptable sources.

Next cheap thrills tip:

I posted this years ago so I don't think it's even in the archives any more.

Someone asked about a source of tungsten wire and other connecting thread such as is used in the Canon AE-1, the Yashica FR, the Minolta SrT101, etc.

I replied that professional camera repair technicians for several years had used kevlar thread such as Spiderwire fishing line of the correct diameter as a very satisfactory substitute (from Wal Mart btw). I also added that I had used it to my full satisfaction.

My thanks was a comment that he might try it but would have to run tests on it for stretching before he would consent to use it on his $10 camera!

Some comment. Some thanks.

That is the attitude which I hope we can see less of here. Good advice freely given but frequently picked apart for whatever bad reason just seems to crop up for - what, entertainment?.

Anyway, SpiderWire kevlar fishing line has worked well for me. Five dollars will probably get you a fifty year supply!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration