Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 163

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 01:08 pm:   

I will confirm that wool yarn works wonderfully in the thin channels just above (and below) the film compartment. I have used this in two cameras and both are working wonderfully.

But note that it should be pure wool, not acrylic or a mixture of other synthetic stuff.

For the foam strips on the doors or on the back, I have two approaches. First, the one that I have tried, is to use felt strips, readily available from any arts and crafts supplies store (perhaps in WarMart too, but haven't tried there yet). Second, one which I am yet to try, is to use wool yarns in parallel to create the strip.

To glue these things to the body I use an adhesive good for fabric and metal. Also available from arts and crafts stores readily. I can look up and post the exact trade name, if somebody wishes me to.

Finally, a possibly dangerous tidbit. I once wanted to remove a retaining ring from a lens and did not have the proper spanner. The ring had two diametrically opposite slots. I use a pair of scissors, very carefully but firmly, to engage those slots with the tips and screwed it open.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration