Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 06:25 am:   

Rick, I'm not sure if you are right about this particular shutter. It does not seem to have a booster spring, or I can't see how it would be activated. The main setting cam interacts with only 4 pegs:

Peg #1 locks the "B" lever, its cam has only one dent (B).

Peg #2 locks the escapement of the retarder, it is active for faster speeds (1/60 ... 1/500).

Peg #3 switches gearsets in retarder between slow speeds (1, 1/2, 1/4) and medium/fast speeds (1/8, 1/15, 1/30 with escapement interaction and 1/60 .. 1/500 with escapement lock)

Peg #4 adjusts the length of retarder "hook" travel, before it allows shutter to close. In each speed group it has 3 settings, in the fastest group there's a fourth setting for this peg, which removes the retarder hook completely out of the shutter's way for the 1/500th speed. But it acts only on the retarder, as far as I could see.

If one takes the cocking lever as reference, then looking at the faceplate the mentioned hooks are counted counter-clockwise: #1, #2, #3, #4. Between #1 and #2 there's the self-timer assy.
#1 is in the cock/release section, the others belong to the retarder.

BTW: my shutter is working now, or at least I believe so, but I find it important to discuss this topic to concentrate information on this type of shutters in a single thread.
Greets,
Marek

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration