Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tunashoes
Tinkerer
Username: Tunashoes

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 02:34 pm:   

Thanks for all the input. I decided to remove the damaged part. It was a metal tab that attached with 2 screws to the inside of the ASA adjustment ring. I suspect it is as you have suggested, some form of resistive stripes. But I really have no idea how it can possibly work, I suspect that a lot was missing. None the less I loaded some film in it and am going to give it a try setting everything manually. I suspect that the selenium cell may be working, it seems to respond erratically, but it DOES respond to changes in light, so that makes me think it works. I can't get to it however; I just don't have the tool to take off the screw on top of the winding lever. It has 2 tiny holes for tiny snap ring pliers or something. I have been looking online for a manual but haven't found one. I was wonder what might the little switch on top of the winding lever be for? It has a little window that changes from red to blue black/white?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration