Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 235

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 01:42 pm:   

Tyler, I went over the document again (the one I sent your earlier). After you explained the procedure regarding the position of the functional resistor, I read it again and now I understand it better.

I confirmed the various position of the mechanism on my camera and they all agree with what you describe. So that rules this out as the reason for the difference of 1 stop my camera's measurement.

Read the procedure how to go about replacing the wire as well. Seems straightforward. I was able to remove the ASA dial and the white disc with the wire, let the functional resistor unwind and then reinstall the wire. Thanks to your explanations and the manual, it was quite easy.

BTW, as you have found out ,the manual I sent you is not searchable. I uploaded it to my Google docs (it can convert scanned PDFs to readable text PDFs!), but the Google's conversion tool failed to create a searchable PDF :-( I guess the document's quality is just too bad.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration