Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 239

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 07:16 am:   

Glenn, looks like you are correct. I found the information in the archives last night in which, IIRC, you mentioned that you would be interested in examining it under an electron microscope of somebody could offer a camera body for examination. There was no conclusion in that post, however. In fact, you cited a few examples of your own in which you saw no exposure error even with this substance on the sensors. The post is this one:
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/6900/5420.html

In any case, I still went ahead and gently scrapped it off. It felt like a powdery substance and wasn't hard or brittle. It just came off upon gentle scratching.

The good news is that the exposure error is gone!

I suppose it depends on the extent of the buildup as to if there any affect on the exposure. The photos I have attached at least show in a qualitative manner what to expect with this amount substance.

On a related note, has anybody ever actually removed that little square glass covering (on which the substance forms) from the photocell to clean the glass? Is it hard to remove or are there any gotchas?

Thanks.
Regards.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration