Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vinzenz
Tinkerer
Username: Vinzenz

Post Number: 41

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 10:50 am:   

When using a Leaf Aptus-II 6 on a Hasselblad 500C/M everything worked fine with fast shutter speeds, but slow speeds below 1/15s created streaks in the pictures.

This is a known issue, if the pc sync of the lens needs repair, according to Leaf. The digital back is wired to the pc sync of the lens. If the digital back starts processing the file while the shutter is still open, you get the result pictured below.

Does the metal switch for the flash sync in the Compur shutter maintain contact for the whole time the shutter is open or only initially when the shutter opens? I have cleaned many Compurs, but never paid enough attention to the flash contact...

How should I clean/repair the pc synch (Planar 80mm f2.8, S-Planar 120mm f5.6, the Distagon 50mm f4 works fine)? Is this just a matter of bad contact between the inner and outer shell of the sync port? Or do I need to take apart the lens? I could start bending the cable's jack a little, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks for any comments.
Vinzenz

Long exposure failure

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration