Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vinzenz
Tinkerer
Username: Vinzenz

Post Number: 44

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 03:32 pm:   

Thanks for your comments, Brcamera.

Testing with flash works, of course. However, I cannot check for how long the flash sync keeps the contacts closed, because the flash duration is far shorter than shutter speeds below 1/15 and there is obviously no synchronisation on the ''second curtain''/closing shutter with the Compur.

The problem is that the digital back gets the signal for the duration of the capture from the flash sync port. It captures an image for as long as the flash contact is closed. When the sync releases contact, the back starts processing the image. If the shutter is still open at that time, it will corrupt the file. I have to make sure that the flash sync remains closed for the exact time of the selected shutter speed. Maybe you could explain how the flash contact can open again before the shutter blades close?

It seems that with two of my lenses the sync cannot maintain a closed circuit for longer than about 1/30. With slower speeds the back starts processing while the shutter is still open.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration