Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zenzaman
Tinkerer
Username: Zenzaman

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:20 am:   

i just bashed not one olympus om1n but two :-(

long story short> for some idiotic reason (the shutter ring seemed a bit stiff) i decided to take it apart and clean it a bit. unfortunately when i took out the shutter ring, the speed sensing ring also got out so i lost the sync between the markings on the shutter ring and the actual shutter speeds. after a lot of tries and another lot of "turn that wheel with your fingernails" really really stupid approaches (i know, i'm sorry!) i found the issue from cameracraftsman on olympus om1 on the internet and finally managed to sync the cameras. unfortunately it seems that while the speeds are correct, the exposure meter severely overexposes (3 stops or more). i know the aperture sensing ring 'tells' the galvanometer what aperture is set through a cord, but the shutter sensing ring is cordless (being an OM1N) so i figured all that wheel and gear turning messed something up. my question is how to fix it!

this is an image of the 'depths' of my reckless journey. (just underneath the "P" letter there's the gear that translates the movement from the shutter ring to the exposure meter - it wasn't in place at the time of the picture)
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x228/alinCiortea/camera%20repair/IMG_3539_.jp g

LE> can i subscribe to topics? or do i have to constantly return and check for new posts? i couldn't find any such option.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration