Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

A. Lemke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 08:31 pm:   

John:
Well, I surprised myself by getting farther in terms of getting the front lens out and down to the shutters than I expected, thanks to your good directions. A careful use of the solvent did not appear to do the job with the stuck mechanism, however, so now its back together as it was. My sense of it is that the problem may be in the advance mechanism since that was what seemed to stick suddenly when trying to advance the film after taking a picture back when it stopped working.
I guess the next question is, whether there is anyone around anymore who might be able to look at this camera for me to see whether it is repairable. Are you available? Is there someone you can refer me to that I can contact? (I'm writing from Minnesota.)
Thanks for your suggestions, and for whatever help you can give me as to the next step that may or may not be taken to get it operational again. If it helps, my phone number is: 952-470-6245.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration