Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krumholtz
Tinkerer
Username: Krumholtz

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 03:43 pm:   

I recently found a Voigtlander Brilliant (1936) at an antique store in Washington state, and have begun disassembling it for cleaning purposes. I removed the upper lens (which took A LOT of elbow grease), and gently cleaned the mount with warm water, soap, and a toothbrush. When I finished cleaning and drying it, I noticed the glass lens was now loose in the mount and had a small chip on the periphery, which subsequently grew larger. There's now a small gap in some hard black material that runs halfway along the perimeter of the mount, which I suspect is glue or ancient rubber. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to once again fix the lens in the mount? I'm considering super glue, mainly because I think it will work and the camera isn't valuable (the viewfinder lens is fixed on this model, no ability to focus). I'd be interested to learn the "proper" method, however. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration