Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reiner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 04:12 am:   

Some time ago I aquired a Retina II Type 142 of 1938 in nice condition. The shutter of the camera works fine at all speeds but the transport mechanism and the double release lock behave mysterious. I am hoping somebody could explain me the correct function of this species.

When I enter a film and turn the advance wheel the film is transported and the picture counter is advanced. However I can turn and turn and the counter counts and counts. There is no lock after the transport of one picture! Furthermore the shutter release on top is allways locked. The shutter itself is never cocked by the film transport which might be ok. The transfer mechanism from the top cap release to the shutter is easily movable and not sticky. So it seems to me that the release button on the top cap is really locked and not only sticky. It seems to me that the film transport is never stopped and the shutter release is never unlocked. Do I make a mistake when I try to use the camera of is it just defective? I know of contemporary cameras which are quite tricky to set up.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration