Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 07:28 pm:   

Hi Ben,

As Winfried has pointed out , the lens cover is glued on and I believe this represents your greatest challenge. You will have to try and lift it out very carefully with a flattened plastic tooth pick and work our way around the plate , its very thin and easily distorts, it should come off unless someone superglued it (like mine!!!)

I have unscrewed the front lens assembly on both of my SP using plastic tooth pics, just cut the tip to fit snugly into the slots ,then holding one in each hand apply even pressure counterclockwise .You might want to ask someone to hold the camera while you are doing this.

After removing the speed ring and cover and you should be able to see the timer escapement just below the lens.

You should be able to cock and fire the camera and see if the escapement is the cause of your problems. Mine was jammed by dried grease.

If that is your problem , then you should carefully remove the assembly and soak it in some trico-ethylene (or benzene) for a couple of days. Be very careful when you remove the esacapement , there are some very nasty springs. Maybe someone else on this tread can giuide you on the process.

While you are at it do the same to the self-timer.

Thats as far as I got with mine , I am still trying to remove the lens assembly and service the aperture and shutter blades.

Good luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration