Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monolith
Tinkerer
Username: Monolith

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 11:26 am:   

Hi Michael,
I did this only three weeks ago with some help from this forum, and was lucky with the front cell retaining ring, it needed no force. But on onother occasion i successfully used a hammer and a screwdriver, often a really tiny little blow will do. By the way, i hope you are planning to not hammer straight down on it, but in the right direction to unscrew it-just cause you wrote something like "hammer away to loosen it...
To minimise the force on the camera, ask someone to hold it in his hands while you hammer, instead of putting it on a hard surface. if you try this very gently and have a bit of a feeling for it, I see no problems there.
If I remember right, you have to both open the lens from the front and take the front plate off the body. I can't see how Hery Taber manages to get to the shutter by only opening the lens from front.
This is the thread in which I reported and got help from the forum, if it is useful for you: https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/20811.html?1296847402
regards
Johannes

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration