Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael_qrt
Tinkerer
Username: Michael_qrt

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 03:45 pm:   

Hi Dirk, thanks for sharing your experience. I also have an 35RC and the metering on that camera seems rock solid. My 35RC is in really excellent condition though, whereas the RD looks like it has had a hard life, and then I was banging around inside it. Pressing the release really slow does help somewhat.

I just tested them side by side and my RC does indeed seem to have solid metering, even if you press the release fairly fast. Sometimes it'll alternate between two adjacent apertures, I guess this indicates an in between value. The RD isn't that bad if you press the release slowly but does sometimes seem less consistent. As you found, it seemed more of a problem at the wider apertures; where it might go something like 1.7, 2.8, 2, 2, 2.8. Of course the wider apertures is where I'd like to use the RD, so while it's useable I was just trying to see if it could be improved.

I guess the real test now is to run a roll through it. That should highlight any problems.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration