Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 30

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 09:18 am:   

Your first assumption about the remaining wobbliness is right, but this means a complete stripdown of the camera, disassembly is easier than reassembly, and it is an awful lot of work, but that is what tinkering is about, I guess.

I have no idea about the "squarish brass piece", but often small pieces of scap metal were used as counterweights balacing the needle of the meter to make it move smoothly, maybe it had come off and somehow blocked the needle from swinging freely. Often one can see where it was glued to the system, but you have to be extra careful glueing it back is difficult by two!

As I do not have a factory handout for the calibration it is a case of trial and error, with the two pots of the older Hi-M 7 and the three of the 9 I usually start with all of them in mid-position and then try everything to get as close to the shutter/aperture combination as my handheld CdS meter in low light/bright light conditions. Maybe someone else can help out with a better method.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration