Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Brokaw

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 09:29 pm:   

To further follow up, I realized that I didn't tell you anything about adjusting the rangefinder... there is a screw on the RF acuating linkage, it is visible from the back under the viewfinder. This turns back and forth to adjust the horizontal alignment. There is a round element in the secondary image path that is rotated to adjust the vertical alignment, this is visible in the logical place once you remove the cover from the top of the rangefinder optical mechanism... it looks like a star-wheel, turn ccw/cw to move the vertical image.

I'm not sure if changing one affects the other, but often that is the case. I believe the thing to do in such circumstances is set the vertical alignment, then adjust for the horizontal alignment at 'infinity'. With such a short rangefinder base length I don't know how much accuracy the XA rangefinder is capable of anyway, but it sure makes it 'feel' more precise .

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration