Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jake_oh
Tinkerer
Username: Jake_oh

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 09:05 am:   

Thanks Olympfix, but I think this is a different problem...On further investigation I discovered the following...If I hold the OM-1 up side down and start to cock the shutter with the advance lever, then turn it right side up while keeping pressure on the lever, it will complete the cycle normally, but if after I turn it right side up, I release pressure on the lever, I can hear a tiny little click as if something is falling out of place, and then the lever is free wheeling again...also it is very very sensitive to what position I hold the camera. For instance, if I hold the camera at 88 degrees (with the lens almost pointing straight down) The winding lever will still move freely...if I gently tilt the camera to 92 degrees, the lever engages and works normally...gently move it back and it moves freely again. This happens every time. it's as if I had a mercury switch hooked up to a light bulb...a very slight difference in tilt will turn it on or off. I have also found that if I use my accessory winder (OM Winder 2), It works perfect every time in any position. I could just keep the winder on it, but for me the whole idea of the OM-1 is it's small size...not so small anymore with the winder attached. Any ideas?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration