Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wonloo
Tinkerer
Username: Wonloo

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 06:47 pm:   

shutter

I label your picture with:
a) the range selection level - selects speed ranges, 1 - 1/15, 1/30 - 1/250 and disengage for 1/500
b) the speed selection level - selects speed within range
c) the speed control arm - provides delay to the main spring
d) the main spring - opens and closes the shutter blade
e) the speed adjustment screw

When the shutter gets stuck, do you have to push it all the way (the main spring is too weak) or just a push and it will complete the cycle (something got stuck between the gears)? You should be able to push the speed control arm smoothly (with some resistances) when the main spring is at the cocked position. If you only have problem with the slow speeds, there is one place you can check: near (or on?) the range selection level, you will find a catcher looks like the one in the clock that controls the second movement. Oil a little bit (a pint drop) at both tips and the axle. That brought the Klio shutter on my Zeiss Ikonta back to life. I hope that was the problem.

If this still didn't help, try loosing the speed adjustment screw under the speed selection level. Move the speed governor in or out to see if that will help. Some time the control arm gets stuck when the speed governor is at the far end. You will have to adjust the speed anyway.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration