Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lemon
Tinkerer
Username: Lemon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 07:08 am:   

Hi all. This is Lemon from Australia.

I am an amateur of box camera. Recently I saw some lovely vintage box cameras in a second-hand market so would like to buy one or maybe two, get it fixed, and shoot some photos with it.

It will be great if I could learn how to identify if a vintage box camera is in good condition (at least it can be fixed) or not. In the second-hand market I picked up a vintage box camera and checked. It was something look like a Brownie No2 Model E.

The viewfinders are quick clear but got some dust/ dark spot around the edge of glass. The shutter and controller sounds fine (At least I could see the shutter shuts when I pressed the button.). The lens looks a little bit blur and got some scratch on it. The light leaking problem should be fixed easily if there is any, so I am not worry about it. But for the rest... I am not sure.

Could somebody teach me how to check a vintage box camera? Or is there any information on Internet that I could learn? Thank you so much for your time.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration