Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 84

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 06:38 pm:   

I have a pdf of the Canon service/repair manual/exploded diagrams for the Canon FTb and was hoping I could use it to CLA the slow-speed escapement on an FTbn I have. All the slow speeds last twice as long as they should, except 1 second, which sticks.

I managed to track down info on the Slow Shutter Governor, but the way it is presented is a bit, well, less than useful. The manual assumes that I will be totally dismantling the camera, and then discusses reassembling the SSG. One exploded diagram shows the SSG as being located beneath the mirror box, so I'm guessing that this is the way to reach the mechanism to clean and lube it? Remove the mirror box?

Any tips you'd care to pass along regarding this process, I'd be happy to read from you. I've never had the mirror box out of an FTb, but I have removed it from A-series Canons, Nikon Fs, and one Ricoh. Except for a few fiddly differences, they all appear to be fairly similar the way they come apart and go back together, I suppose.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration