Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chris burck

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:43 am:   

ok, here i go again. . .

on to my next project: hi-matic 9 with frozen shutter. advance lever cocks and the shutter clicks, but the blades don't move. would this be another example of gummed up shutter mechanism? if so, i'll want to remove the top plate so i can pull out the rear lens group to avoid the chance of fluids migrating to the glass.

apart from the obvious screws and the advance lever, the rewind lever needs to come off and i can' tell how to do that.

also, any comments as to the nature of the shutter problem would be appreciated. i should point out that in the process of handling the camera i tripped what i had assumed was the flash sync, but now i'm wondering if it's not the self-timer. it's located at the upper 'corner' on the advance side. the shutter now seems it's not clicking, and the advance lever no longer advances. will this free up once the shutter is cleaned? or has a whole new problem been created? note that i didn't force anyhting; my hand or a finger must have simply brushed against it while the shutter was cocked (i had the bottom plate off so i could watch how the advance/cocking mechanism operated).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration