Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 924

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 06:47 pm:   

Your camera will be a very early Zorki 1 or a body fitted with an early lens mount. I suspect you will find that your lens is threaded 39mm metric pitch and thread form and the mount on the body is true LTM - 39mm imperial pitch and thread form.

Whatever the cause, I have four very early Zorki 1 bodies that all exhibited this problem and as I was mounting lenses with steel or brass mounts, forcing was not an option. After much playing about with my other Zorki and FED bodies and a variety of Leitz and Russian lenses, I just changed the body mounts for later manufactured versions. Now this could all be down to machining tolerances in the Soviet factories - in those far off days tool setting seems not to have been on the Collective's agenda - but forcing certainly was not an option.

Perhaps others can cast light on the true nature of the problem if my observations with pitch gauges etc, has been sabotaged by Soviet tolerances and lack of quality control.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration