Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 09:02 am:   

So I have been buying leather replacement skin kits from Morgan Sparks at cameraleather.com for a couple of years now. I’ve never had any problems. I place the order and about 10 days to two weeks later I get my kits in the mail. On July 28th I placed an order and then on August 11th I received my 3 kits. There was a slight problem with one of the kits (a couple of knob coverings were missing). I emailed Morgan, and emailed again a week later after not getting a response. He did email back the second time and told me that he would try to get the replacement leather pieces cut and in the mail by the next day. I replied thanking him and told him that I’d be placing another order for 5 new camera leather kits that day. I placed the order for 5 kits on Thursday August 18th… and that’s the last I’ve heard. I emailed him on September 2nd just to try and get a ballpark idea of when I could expect to receive the replacement parts and the new kits (I realize that he did just have a hurricane come through there). Then I emailed again on September 22nd to try and get some kind of status, any status at all. Then I tried emailing again yesterday morning Oct 6th, a full 7 weeks since I first place the order for the new kits. I still haven’t received the replacement parts I needed, or the new kits, and to this point I still have not received an email response of any kind telling me anything.
I have no problems with waiting, it’s just that it would be nice to know how long I have to wait. Right now I have 5 naked cameras sitting on the mantle and the wife is starting to ask questions. I also have 2 more cameras that I am ready to place an order for new leather kits. And since I typically buy these cameras, fix them up, recover them, and resell them, I probably have about $1200 locked up that I can’t move until I get them recovered. I am starting to get a little concerned. Is Morgan okay? Has anyone heard from him? Has anyone placed any orders lately and received them? I hope someone on this forum knows something!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration