Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:46 pm:   

Concerning the mirror bumper, why would you want to remove the screw under the red dot? On my XE-7 I simply used a little spatula tool, made for applying putty to models, to scrap it off. Relatively easy and I scrap away from the mirror. Then used some lighter fluid on a q-tip to clean off the residue before applying a new bumper.

I've never had a problem cleaning a prism with a brush and then windex. For the screen I use an old toothbrush with some mild soap and warm water to gently clean. Always hold by the sides to avoid prints. Then I shake it off and gently dry it with a hair dryer on low and at a safe distance. Again never a problem.

You can recalibrate the meter for a 1.5v S76 battery and there is a web site (http://home.pcisys.net/~rlsnpjs/minolta/minolta.html) that gives a good explanation. You can also change your asa by 1 stop, eg: 100 asa down to 50 asa and get the same effect. Recalibration is tougher since you need a known and trusted meter against a consistent background to get reliable results.

The nudge you gave the needle sounds as though the little bumper the needle touchs has degraded and gotten sticky. Needs to be replaced.

Pliobond tends to be a more permanent. If you might go back under you can always use Elmer's white glue and thin it just a "touch" with water and smooth it over the area in question then let it get tacky first. Holding on my Konicas with no problem and I can lift up without tearing anything.

Last the shutter speeds may be ok and as suggested you will need to run a roll of film through. When I need to do that I use a roll of Kodak T-Max, off ebay cheap, shoot it at an average scene throughout the speed range and drop it off at a 1 hour place.

Enjoy those Minoltas as much as I do since a 101 was my very first real camera 33 years ago. Still in great shape yet it now has 11 brothers before even getting into the XG-M, XE's and XD's series.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration