Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 200

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:22 pm:   

Honestly, the only product of Kodak's I consistently used over the years was Kodachrome. More recently, Ektar, D-76 and Tri-X, but I've always been a color slide guy. So if Kodak disappears, yeah, I'll miss it, mostly because I'll have to scrounge around for B&W emulsions and developer that I like as much as what I'm using now. So, much of Kodak's marketing strategy the past 10+ years has largely been into areas that I have little, if any, interest in. Well, interest in Kodak-branded products, at least.

I have never associated Kodak's name with quality durable photo gear until I picked up a minty Retina IIa about 20 years ago. And I was asking myself even back then, where did Kodak go wrong? Because my earliest memory of Kodak cameras is the camera I was given by my parents when I was like 10yo -- some godawful piece of crap Hawkeye that took 126 film or some such. Unfortunately, from the early 60s until the present, Kodak has concentrated way too much on producing and/or marketing items that I just don't consider to be "quality." So, in a big way, the way I see it, they've dug the pit they find themselves in today.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration