Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hank
Tinkerer
Username: Hank

Post Number: 30

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 09:45 am:   

Yeah ... Like I said ... Im with you all - lighter fluid works so well, that it I never have even considered searching for a substitute. The Leica Technician I am referring to was trained by Leica as a young man and worked for Leitz his whole life.... 40+ years. He has given me some great nuggets of wisdom for working on Leicas ... but sometimes he gets a stuck up attitude .... He has shared with me that when he was being trained as a boy at Leitz that he and the other apprentices had to wait on the Master Trainers "hand & foot" ... they had to make the lunch for the master and shine their shoes, clean up the masters work area. Basically he said that "you are the property of the Master while an apprentice" ... keep in mind this is old school German stuff. He said it was close to being a slave. So maybe that is why he doesn't come off the old secrets easily. Or maybe he just likes to make me think Im way off still. Maybe I should go to his house and make him some lunch and then he will tell me what he uses. HAHA

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration