Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thol
Tinkerer
Username: Thol

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 08:51 pm:   

Sessyargc: Thanks for answering. If nothing else it is nice to know that I am not the wold's exception. In fact, I've read other stuff around the net concerning SP stiff rings. But, as may be in your case, they do not seem to have been as stiff as mine.

Someday I may pursue the issue. But for now I am choosing to just leave it alone and use this lovely little camera as an auto type only. I really appreciate the EV read out. Last week I photographed some of the remembrance activities here in north eastern Japan (where I live). I carried a K-1000 with a 135 mm and used the SP's EV factor reads to manually set up the Pentax. I kept check of things with a very simple little Sekonic L-188 hand meter. (Who said it's supposed to be simple? ;).

My SP is otherwise in very, very nice condition. It looks almost new and the glass is clean. I keep the battery from depleting by putting a dab of Blu-Tac on the cell window. I use an SR-43 and a cell adapter to step down the voltage.

If you ever decide to get inside your unit, please let me know. Thanks for the advice too!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration