Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donald Qualls

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:25 am:   

Bill, I've had the top cover off this camera before (reseated a loose spring under there to correct a previous jamming problem -- I thought, though now I think it was this same issue), and there's no mechanical linkage over the prism, though there might well be one elsewhere. I don't recall what the meter's flexible ciruit board connects to, though (it's been a couple years since I've had the cover off), and I've been reluctant to try soldering on that material for fear of damaging it; my soldering is a little ham-handed (I weld much better than I solder).

Thanks, Rick -- that looks like similar construction, overall, to what I've seen under the top cover on this Ricoh. Makes me think quotes of $80 to $100 for a CLA are probably not out of line for the labor involved -- but a) I haven't got it, and b) if I could be sure it worked, I can buy another one on eBay, with lens, for around $50-$60, if I'm patient.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration