Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ezio

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 11:35 am:   

This is driving me crazy - not because I cannot repair it, but because I cannot understand what it is. A few months ago, I initiated a conversation on a Revue 400SE (Minolta 7 SII clone) with a "blind" meter. The meter responds promptly to light and is not erratic, but it sees far less light than it should; say, when it should be 1/125 f=11, it says 1/125 f=2. The needle is not blocked, because if I shift sensibility to the maximum (ASA 800) and point the camera towards the sun at 1/30, the needle goes beyond f=22. Despite some advice on this forum, I wasn't able to even start to understand what is wrong. Well, now I've got a 7SII which has exactly the same problem! What's more, the two "blind" meters are very much in accordance with each other, and produce consistently the same (low) readings across the entire range! The battery compartments are clean, and even after removing the top plates I cannot see any trace of corrosion. It is as if the circuits work, but the meters receive too little electricity???

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration