Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 63

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 09:54 am:   

Glenn's neoprene washers are a good solution. I've seen them used on other people's gear. Don't get me wrong, I think some metal clips look nice and appropriate for some of my vintage cameras, but practical trumps appearance when I intend to use my gear.

Its easier to have confidence in metal clips. Plastic *will* fail and I don't trust my babies to plastic. The Kevlar loops I mentioned earlier are very reliable and strong, but still have to get over the appearance of "thread" securing my camera from doom.

Most of the damage I've suffered from metal clips happened while the camera was in its bag. Jostling around while in the bag and while taking in and out, and so on. This has marred the body all around the attachment point (and sometimes beyond). Usually, rather little damage while the camera hangs off my neck. And of course, it varies considerably with each body and clip type.

Now, I'm really curious what that band-aid is for. Does it cover the Leica logo? -- anti-theft strategy?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration