Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 61

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 04:36 pm:   

An awful lot of work and stress for that Albinar lens. I know that the right lens for a person is the one they're satisfied with, but the Soligor offered by Agchicago will certainly be better, potentially a *lot* better.

Over the years, I have accepted a number of Albinar and Quantaray lenses to use in high danger/fatal situations such as crab fishing, sandstorms, mud wrestling (OK, maybe not mud wrestling). I receive the lenses for free from dissatisfied folks and use them primarily for B+W because the CA is substantial. When they die, I might salvage some small screws (on the Quantaray lenses because they're slightly better built) and toss them. I doubt I would ever go through the trouble of attempting to save one.

I'd offer a replacement lens too, but I got rid of my FD stuff years ago. But, I see perfectly nice Canon FD lenses in the local thrift shops for very low prices ($20US or less). Again, you can do much better than the Albinar. Just my 2 cents.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration