Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:14 am:   

First, I also have a PaxM4 camera. There is little information available, maybe due to the fact that many Pax cameras were sold with other designators (I have collected almost half a dozen different model names).

The very first model I have heard of looks similar to a miniature Leica and has two windows for the rangefinder plus one rectangular for the viewfinder, and of course two eyepieces.

All Pax cameras I have heard of have an Mx designator - from M1 to M4, main differences are the arrangement of the rangefinder, advance button/crank and rewind button/crank. The M4 has a single eyepiece bright frame viewfinder/rangefinder, advance crank and rewind crank. These features were introduced by and by after the M1.

The lens is a three-element lens - I have disassembled it completely and the third element is not cemented. But it performs quite well.

There are quite a few cameras with triplet lenses with are unit-focussed. It is possible to design both three- and four-element anastigmats for front cell or unit focussing - there are also some examples of front-element focussing Tessar style lenses, and also versions of the original Tessar with front element focussing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration