Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer
Username: Fedupwithdigital

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 01:21 pm:   

Francis

You have my sympathies. I have a Bessa 1 with the same lens (in a Prontor SV shutter). I got it dirt cheap - 10 euros plus postage - as it didn't work. My shutter would cock but wouldn't fire. The self-timer was jammed on.

I tried to fix it myself but only got as far a removing the front element. I was following this Flickr set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/29504544@N08/sets/72157622962172593/ - by Hans Kerensky. But I couldn't remove the middle element. There were no holes or slots for a spanner wrench to grip and nothing I tried worked.

In the end I had to give up and take the shutter to my local camera repair shop. Luckily, Joe of JP Camera Repair here in Edinburgh managed to fix for a very reasonable fee. As well as the timer, there were a couple of broken parts and some bent parts too. Oh, and some fungus on the rear element. So, even if I'd gotten into the shutter it would've been beyond my skills to fix it.

So - not much help I'm afraid. But good luck!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration