Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kengerace
Tinkerer
Username: Kengerace

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 11:21 am:   

Hello all,

I have an Isolette I in rather nice condition. I have a question regarding the focus. My camera did indeed suffer from the dried lube curse. I freed the barrel and now the barrel turns freely but seems to not have any effect on the focus at all. Seems as though it is stuck on infinity. I took the entire assembly apart to see what’s what and found the three elements folks speak of but the front and middle are physically fastened to each other. When the barrel is turned it caused these two to move together in and out and had no effect on focus. However if I turn the camera up and just place the collar and middle lens in the opening in front of the shutter and then insert the barrel thus causing the middle element to remain stationary and moving in and out the front element, this indeed has an effect on the focus. I’m fairly certain this was not meant to work this way as once the barrel is tightened down to infinity is generally fastens the two pieces together and again the middle and front lenses are moving together not having an effect on focus again. What am I missing?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration