Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denverdad
Tinkerer
Username: Denverdad

Post Number: 23

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 07:52 pm:   

No problem - I really appreciate you looking. I hope to get to soldering on a stiffer extension piece some time this weekend. Only time will tell if the lever will survive all this abuse I am putting it through!

In the mean time I finally measured the shutter speeds. Initially the top speed (1/200th) was slow by ~1/3 stop, and the slower speeds were progressively worse, with 1/25th coming in a full two stops too slow. This was after doing multiple cleanings with naptha in an ultrasonic cleaner, including the entire assembly, and also hand cleaning certain parts and sub-assemblies. In the end, I decided to add a tiny bit of oil to all the gear shafts in the slow speed mechanism. That, plus some fine tuning of the position of the little striker which hits the arm of the slow speed assembly, seemed to do the trick. The speeds are now all consistently only about 1/3 stop too slow. I figure that's pretty good - possibly as good as it ever was, as far as I know.

Jeff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration