Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Plaskey
Tinkerer
Username: Plaskey

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   

After getting the shutter speeds on my "n" working properly, I found the meter wouldn't register unless I pointed it at a bright light at f1.8/30sec. (Battery is good). Inside the mount there are two toothed rings, one engages the shutter speed setting gear under the mirror box at the bottom edge, the top edge engages with a small non-fixed double pinion at the top of the lens opening. Under this another ring engages with the rear pinion on the above mentioned pinion, plus it engages with a tiny gearwheel sticking out under the lens mount (at about 1 o' clock as you look at it), and holds the thin nylon cord that disappears somewhere inside the camera to the left. What I want to know is which of these little mechanical parts transmits f# and shutter speed information to the meter? (Interestingly I tore down a junked OM-20 that seemed to do all this much more electronically).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration