Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

G3bill
Tinkerer
Username: G3bill

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 04:31 pm:   

Ok, kick me:-) I deviated from the plan a bit. I removed the bottom cover then sprayed some WD in a small cap and added a couple drops of fine oil, maybe 40or50:1? used a toothpick and fed a bit in the area of the shaft with tinny drum on top, think its the curtain shaft but no access to the other one. I worked the shutter alot then a little more and then it got worse then worked as normal after a few more snaps. Shutter speeds looked good visually but Still have the noise, swish sound and think it could be from the other curtain shaft side but more likely its the mirror returning to position, is this what the brass drum is connected to under the top deck? Or 2 different problems?

I should say I got this A-1 on ebay of course, last week. Its in excellent condition or would have sent it back, looks like no ware in the gears or anywhere actually. Didn't have a motor drive so not used much. I do have the MA Motor drive to go with it though, nice set if I can get it to work properly, don't like that noise at all. The old F-1 is a Monster compared to the A-1. B..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration