Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerry Thomas

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:03 am:   

My first advise was based on the first SP I opened. It does have a threaded ring. Last night I opened another to blow some dust out from between the lens in the shutter area. I discovered that on this SP the ring, which looks almost the same, was glued down. How to tell them apart is the holes. On the threaded ring there are two holes as I described. On the glued ring their is only the one hole. To remove the glued ring, I fashionned a hook which I used to get in behind the ring. Then just pulled it up. It offered a little resistence but not all that much. The ring looks to be made of metal and is glued in with contact cement. The rubber cement allows one to pry it up at some future date so when you put it back don't use a permanent kind of glue. The ring holds nothing in, it is cosmetic. Only covers up a grove where the screws attaching the filter thread ring are located.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration